Thursday, July 28, 2011

Apothederm (Week 1)!

If you have ever bore children, gained or lost weight, than you probably have stretch marks. I have them....and they are bad.....Yours would be too if you went from 107 to delivering two large babies...That's right, I delivered two children, whom at birth weighed more than 10 lbs! (Tater tipped the scales at TEN pounds and FIVE ounces and he was the smallest! Princess weighed a whopping TEN pounds TWELVE ounces)!   
Please don't laugh too hard, ladies, it took a lot for me to bare my belly to the bloosphere! (and to answer a few questions: I had my appendix removed. Yes, my belly was pierced. And, I got one of those awful dark lines on my belly during pregnancy)!

 So, understandably, my belly is not a flat or smooth as I would like it to be! When I delivered Princess, I asked the nurses about my stretch marks....and do you know what they called them, Dear Readers? and I quote "The stretch marks from Hell"! Well, not at all what a first time, modern mommy wanted to hear! 
Now that I am done bearing children, I thought now might be the time to get back to sort-of-what I used to be. (There is no magic cream or excersise that is going to make me have a taut tummy of a teenager). 
 But....there is hope! Apothederm is the stretch mark cream with SmartPeptides.   It has for emollients in it: Shea butter, cocoa butter, olive oil and (never heard of until now) meadowfoam seed oil! It is also, fragrance free, paraben free and not tested on animals (they still do that?). 
 I am going to do a few posts about Apothederm, once a week, (as long as the supply I was sent lasts)!
 Allegedly, 70% of users have visiable results in 14 days (applying twice a day). I don't know if Apothederm can compete with the "stretch marks from H*ll", but, I am willing to give it a try! 
 If you would like to try Apothederm, please go to their website: http://apothederm.com/

4 comments:

  1. You know, you are probably your worst critic. I've seen much worse, at least your marks are not red marks. Although I don't have any loose skin around my middle, I bet I would if I was able to get back to my prepregnancy weight.

    Happily following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there...new follower from the finding new friends blog hop. You are so brave for showing your tummy....my hat goes off to you! I too delivered 2 large babies. My oldest was 9lb 5oz and youngest 10lb 12 oz{same as your princess}I was blessed and didn't get many stretch marks or loose skin {please don't hate me}. Fingers crossed the cream helps. ANd I too have seen much much worse but totally know how you must feel about them. Good Luck and can't wait to see how you progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello all! I a so sorry that I have not seen your comments before now! I will definitely update, since this post seems to have drawn some interest. I actually just finished using the bottle....Since I only ised it on my tummy...It's lasted a long, lonh time. However, I am sad to report that I have not seen one bit of difference.

    ReplyDelete