876d90b4fc52f65f365c9699af5468061fd51eeef39abbc906 Modern Mommy Reviews: Pug Hill by Alison Pace
Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pug Hill by Alison Pace

   
There’s always that iconic place, the one place you go when it seems like the deck is stacked against you. For me, it’s anywhere I can crank up the tunes and write, for the character of Alison Pace’s new novel, Hope McNeil, it’s Pug Hill.  Pug Hill is a hill in New York’s most infamous public park, Central Park, where all the pugs convene.

The second book (This is actually a re-release of the prequel to "A Pug's Tale") featuring the ever hopeful and charming Hope. It explains Hope’s family dynamic, as well as where her love of the friendly, slightly asthmatic sounding pug comes from. I like that it’s not a mystery, as the first one “A Pug’s Tale” was a bit heavy on the mystery.  It tells of her relationship with Evan, and the ultimate demise of it and how her relationship with Ben (and of course, Max, the black pug of her dreams) comes to be. 

Alison Pace is quickly becoming my favorite author! Wonderfully warm, engaging, comedic and sweet writing. Not to mention down-to-earth! 

I love Hope, she reminds me a bit of myself. I especially like how real Hope seems. As if she is just right next to you. One of my favorite parts is the start of Chapter seventeen, “The phone is ringing. As I have mentioned, I am not quite the fan of the ringing phone. I am even less of a fan of the ringing phone when it wakes me up on a Saturday morning!” I love that there is almost always a good song playing in Hope’s head and how she is afraid of public speaking. (The bane of my existence in high school)!

The sign of a good author, when you are lost in the book, you can’t wait to read the next page and so disappointed when reach the end.   
I can’t wait to read the next one! If you are interested in an amusing book you just can’t put down, please check out: Alison Pace’s new novel: “Pug Hill” due out November 1, 2011. (Just in time for Christmas or Hanukkah)! "Pug Hill" is available in paperback and on just about all your e-reader devices.
Here is the link: http://amzn.to/pughillmma
 Modern Mommy

0 comments:

Post a Comment