876d90b4fc52f65f365c9699af5468061fd51eeef39abbc906 Modern Mommy Reviews: Macadamia Hair Care
Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Macadamia Hair Care

hair cair
My hair is so dry and frizzy! Nothing ever seems to smooth those fly-aways! 
When I was sent the Macadamia Hair Care “Travel Set” to review, I was super excited! I was hoping to find something that would take away my dry frizzies forever! My hair is also prone to be oily at the scalp, so it is very hard to find something that works well with it. I have damaged my hair from blow drying, curling irons, flat irons and dyeing! (Gotta keep the gray at bay)!
In a Nutshell
*Macadamia Natural Oil™ is a premium, professional hair care line focused on healing and beautifying problem hair via a modern application of Macadamia and Argan oils. Our focus is on the curative powers and results of our time-tested, nature-based ingredients.
I like most of the set. There are several items in it, so I am going to list them and their pros and cons Smile .
  •  Rejuvenating Shampoo:
Pros: It was very moisturizing. It made my hair feel soft.
Cons: It caused oiliness! It is a bit too moisturizing for my hair type! It also did not feel like it cleaned my hair well enough. 
  • Moisturizing Rinse
Pros: I used this in Princess’ hair, it worked much better with her hair than mine. Probably because I dye mine non-stop! It was very moisturizing and was very easy to comb after her shower.
Cons: For my hair, again, it seemed to cause oiliness.
  • Nourishing Leave-In Cream 
Pros: This was great, smelled great and worked even better! I used  a clarifying shampoo, just to avoid oil build up. It performed beautifully!
Cons: I don’t really have any, although, if you have hair that is oil prone, use a really good clarifying shampoo!
  •  Deep Repair Masque
Pros: (Out of the set this was my second favorite)! This worked so well with my hair! It really got rid of the frizzies and fly aways! 
Cons: Not enough in the pack! (It is a travel set, after all! Also, larger containers are sold on their site)!
  • Oil Infused Comb
Pros: The comb really is infused, you could smell it! I love that it is a wide  tooth comb, to prevent breakage (If you are still brushing your hair after washing…STOP! Stop right now!). I thought it was really unique and cute that they included the comb in the set. 
Cons: The writing on the comb wore off Sad smile. Now I can’t show it off! 
  • Healing Oil Treatment
Pros: My favorite out of the whole line! The shine, the softness lasted for days after I used the oil, even after I washed my hair again! I cannot get enough of this stuff! It’s like magic! 
Cons: None….Not one. 
GEDC0743
The end result via Macadamia! (This was before I had my hair cut and dyed)!

Overall, I really, really liked the Macadamia Hair Travel Set. It really did take care of the frizzies. Especially on dry damaged hair. It made my hair more luscious and soft feeling. I did not like how oily some of the products made my hair feel. I liked the little brochure that came with it, and how it explanied each product. I also really liked the comb, it was a cute touch! The whole set came in a travel bag that was rather plain, but it looked organic. (I cannot confirm whether the bag was organic). I would definitely pay $29.95 (USD) for the set. For everything that was included, as well as for performance, it was worth the price!

Macadamia Hair products are available online at: www.macadamiahair.com as well as local salons (check for availbility on Macadamia’s website).  
                                    Modern Mommy



*From Macadamia Hair.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment