876d90b4fc52f65f365c9699af5468061fd51eeef39abbc906 Modern Mommy Reviews: Hot Cocoa Cookies
Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hot Cocoa Cookies

I absolutely love hot chocolate, especially on a cold day (and I don’t drink hot tea or coffee, so my choice in hot beverages is limited). My blogging friend, Christi,  over at Love From The Oven, shared this great recipe and I thought I’d give it a go! Princess was a more than willing participant (she loves to be my little helper).

You will need the following:
  • 2 and 1/2 sticks room temperature butter (you only see two sticks in the photo, but I added another 1/2 stick)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 1/4 cups flour
  • 4 packages Hot Chocolate Mix (not sugar free)
  • 1 teaspoon salt (I never, ever add salt to anything I bake).
  • 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 cup Marshmallow Bits (you could substitute mini marshmallows or you can just use the marshmallows that came in the Hot Chocolate packs. I did).
DSCN0234
Batter! Yummm! (Although, we at Modern Mommy Reviews do not reccomend you consume raw cookie dough).

Next, cream together your butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. And in eggs and vanilla and blend well. In a separate bowl, mix together your dry ingredients, including your hot chocolate packets.Then mix both bowls together, slowly adding the dry ingredients in. Christi warns that the mixture is a little tough to combine after so long, and she is totally correct! It took quite a bit to mix it!
DSCN0235
They look too good to eat, right? Well...Maybe not!

Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 8-11 minutes. Allow to cool for approximately (possibly the longest five minutes of your life) five minutes then remove from cookie sheet. And you are ready to enjoy the warm, ooey, gooey deliciousness that is Hot Cocoa Cookies!
DSCN0236
Tater enjoying a tasty tidbit!
  As Always, Modern Mommy

0 comments:

Post a Comment