876d90b4fc52f65f365c9699af5468061fd51eeef39abbc906 Modern Mommy Reviews: Hot Slings
Monday, April 23, 2012

Hot Slings

hot slings
Tater’s favorite person is…..

You guessed it…..

Mommy!

Washing dishes, doing laundry, making beds, sitting with Princess reading a book, watching t.v, or blogging…Whatever task I am doing, he wants to be there. 

It can be very frustrating to try to get work done or even sit and take a break with him clamoring for my attention.

He is also teething, which makes things worse. I have one sling already, the Chubby Bunny Baby WaterSling. I love that sling, but it is ONLY practical in the water. It is very slippery out of the water (the fabric clings when wet). It can be unsafe when dry, so it isn’t a good idea to use any other time.

I received an awesome AP QUINN (pouch) Sling from hotslings™.
IMG_0403
Tater leaning over to peek at something!
   
Some of my favorite things about the sling:

Versatility: Adjusts with buckle and strap system. This makes it perfect for multiple users! Also, I  like that I do not have to keep tightening it like I did with my ring sling.

Durability: All seams are sewn. and because it is a pouch sling, there is no “tail” to get tangled while you go about your day. I also like the fact that if it gets stained, it can just be tossed in the washer and dryer, voila! Clean and pretty again! 

Fashion: Lets be honest! Fashion is a factor! Being a modern mama, I want everything and more! It’s got to function and be cute. Hotslings™ come in a variety of colors and patterns. 

Comfort: I like the padding in the “rails” of the sling, where baby sits. A big concern of my MIL’s was that Tater would be uncomfortable or that his legs would go numb from sitting in the sling. I am happy to report that Tater seems to have no complaints! For me, the sling is very comfortable. Other than, of course, I am hauling around 25 lbs. of baby!

Price: With most baby items, the initial investment is usually the most expensive. However, hotslings™ are of the highest quality and will last you for years to come!

Safety: Safety is always a mom’s number one concern! I particularly like the “safety precautions” section of the instruction booklet. Some worthy notes:
  1. USE COMMON SENSE! (I can’t believe this came as #6 on the list….It should be number one)!
  2. Safe for babies 8-35 lbs. 
  3. Wear your sling high and tight. Wearing a sling too low can be dangerous!
  4. Carrier is not for use with sporting activities (i.e: football, soccer, frisbee, so forth and so on.
  5. Check all around sling to be sure baby’s parts are in the appropriate place. 
IMG_0409
Carry me forever, Mom!
IMG_0413
Princess could not resist the opportunity to get a ride! (Hotslings™ are recommended for babies 8-35 lbs. They nor I are responsible for unapproved use of their product).
                                                     

My car is too small to haul around my stroller or Tater’s Smart Trike. So, I needed a small, economical alternative. The hotslings™ pouch sling is the best choice for me!

Do you want to win a hotslings™ sling? Look for a giveaway to go live this week on Modern Mommy Reviews!
                                 Modern Mommy

0 comments:

Post a Comment