876d90b4fc52f65f365c9699af5468061fd51eeef39abbc906 Modern Mommy Reviews: An Open Letter to President Elect Trump and America
Wednesday, November 9, 2016

An Open Letter to President Elect Trump and America

Dear President Elect Mr. Trump, President Barack Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama, Secretary Clinton and my fellow Americans,

Firstly, I wish to congratulate Mr. Trump, his family, his campaign officials, volunteers and voters. Your dedication paid off. Congratulations on your victory.

Next, I wish to personally and remotely, of course, wish to address President Barack Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama, daughters, and all related persons that help run our country day to day. Thank you for a very well ran country. Thank you for a Presidency free of scandal. I have seen how much the Presidency has aged every man that I have seen in office. I hope that you all truly enjoy the rest of your lives and look back on the Presidency with mostly fondness and the knowledge that you did a wonderful job. By now, I'm sure you're well aware, that we might not have approved or agreed with every choice, but, it would be irresponsible and remiss if we did not address and admit that, overall, you have served us very well. Thank you for your dedication to our country.

Secretary Clinton, congratulations on a hard fought campaign. I am sorry and, quite frankly, disappointed in your loss (not in you, although pundit experts are quick to blame you in your defeat. I find that unnecessary). Your political experience, both good and bad, would have been invaluable as leader of the free world. It would have been amazing for my daughter, son and America as a whole, to have witnessed the election of a woman to the Presidency of the United States of America.

My fellow Americans, to those whose choice of candidate won, Congratulations. To those whose choice of candidate lost, I am sorry. I will say that I do not agree with very much of Mr. Trump's ideals or his campaign promises. I am glad that most President's cannot deliver on all of their campaign promises and that there are other people to assist the newly elected President with running our nation.

For those who voted, why did you vote the way that you did?

We need to seriously reevaluate ourselves as a country. We need to evaluate what led to such a landslide victory for Mr. Trump.

While I would love to hope that it had more to do with a solid tax plan, past political experience, articulate, intelligence or great oratory skills, I must confess that I think hate and discrimination had much more to do with it.

I think that Mr. Trump is not the greatest business man. As we speak, stocks are plummeting, because our top financial people around the world do not have faith in our newly elected officials to be able to lead effectively or peacefully. I think that he is a great self promoter and very good at marketing himself as a brand. I do hope these skills prove valuable as the leader of the United States of America.

Pray for peace and prepare for war. Learn from the past, for if we do not, we will be condemned to repeat it. There is truth found in these adages.

I do hope that Mr. Trump proves to be a President worthy of the position. The task ahead of him is not an easy one. He will need to unite, not divide. This will be the greatest challenge of his life. I hope he takes the time to learn from those sill alive, that have previously held the position.

You have been handed great power, Mr. Trump. Please, use it wisely. Use it responsibly, to the benefit of the populace as a whole. Your Presidency seems to be a distinct and definitive point in our history. We have a country that is unique and possesses many freedoms that we take for granted and are unique to us. "Make America Great Again", please do so in a way that will unite all. Do so in a way that we can respect and be proud of. Many people fought and died for our rights. The flag does not wave with the wind. It waves with the last breath given of every American solider that died for our freedom, it waves with the breath of every person that survived a treacherous journey on a boat to New York, a car over borders. It waves with the breath of men and women that died for being gay, the wrong color or the wrong gender. Our flag, our country, our people are not something to be used at whim. With great power comes great responsibility.

With all of that said, I know we are divided and fearful. Have faith in each other, build meaningful connections with each other. Our greatest strength comes from our innate ability to be united, despite many individual differences. Come what may, we can do this, we must do this, together.

Thank you for reading my open letter. I realize, that my opinions may not be popular. What is popular is not always right and what is right is no always popular.

In closing, I wish to congratulate Mr. Trump on his victory. I am grateful to President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama for a well ran country. Secretary Clinton, Congratulations on a hard fought campaign. I hope that there will be something to be gained from the defeat, even if that is as simple as time with your grandchild or more time to continue your pursuits of activism and political interests. To our country, obviously, there is a reason so many people voted the way they did. Let us try to move forward, united in determination and positivity.

                                               Sincerely, a United States Citizen






0 comments:

Post a Comment